Reviewing your financial situation may be as simple as drawing up a budget and setting a goal to pay off the mortgage a few years earlier or it may be a complex plan with a long term strategy to invest and make money.
What I do suggest you seriously consider is:
- an excellent Accountant - someone you can trust and who knows your financial situation
- a Financial Advisor whom you can work with, take your ideas to and who is prepared to listen to what you would like to do with YOUR money
- a budget for your normal monthly expenses
- a short term goal sheet (e.g. buying a new car, holiday, extra income required)
- a long term goal sheet (where do you want to be in 2 years, 5 years and 10 years?)
- open communication lines
- getting the best out of your Bank accounts - no/low fees, good interest rate, etc
- reviewing annually your goals and situation.
- Have your Will and EPA done so your family isn't left with a mess if something should happen to you
- an easy way to oversee your day-to-day spending
- a system to keep your receipts and financial paperwork in order.