As the saying goes: what is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular.
Let's speak out what is right, not what is popular.
There are many people who need to hear that someone cares for them. They need to know that they have hope, a future. Today's world is so fast pace that many don't stop and think about where they are heading, or the consequences of their actions. They are so busy jsut getting through each day. But this is not living. The fast paced life of our modern society means we are too busy to reflect on what's important and often allow the media to become our view of what's happening in the world around us. But is it always the real and true view?
There are so many people and communities who need help, hope and support. If you take the time to check out what's really going on in your community you may find:
- lonely people
- homeless people
- youth who need someone to come alongside them and work with them
- single parent families who need help
- people with health issues who need someone to spend time with them
- our older citizens who are aged care facilities who would enjoy somone to visit them
- people new to your area who have no friends
Something to think about isn't it?
Visionathon "Reclaiming the Future" is coming. It's starting Monday 21st June 2010. Click on the Reclaiming the Future link and check it out.