Community Radio is a platform from which locals can share, impart, and raise the important issues of the community in which they live. Community radio provides a means to:
- be a hub for local information and services
- allow upcoming musicians an opportunity for airplay
- allow storytellers an avenue to share
- allow locals to share their stories, issues and events
- provide a place where people can learn new skills,
- provide an avenue for people who are interested in this media to learn about the software, hardware and technical side of radio
- give people an opportunity to try something new (you might just be the next big reporter of the news!)
- allow community to work as a team
I've seen people who have never interviewed anyone, now out and about chatting with locals about what's important to them. You see, you'll never know what you can do until you get involved.
Be different - take a walk with community radio and see where it takes you!