- write down clearly what you are going to say including spelling out dates and hard-to-prounce words
- write in "conversational"style - as if you were speaking to a friend
- practice what you have written by speaking it out loud - how does it sound, have you covered the main information, does it meet the time criteria (e.g. 30 secs)
- book in time to record in studio
- follow proceedure in studio to make sure equipment is working and audio levels are set correctly
- record csa and then listen back as a means to check - how does it sound, are words spoken correctly, have you spoken too fast/too slow?
- once you have made corrections/notations on written sheet then record and edit (and save!) CSA